Monday, December 8, 2014

Let's Talk about Sleep Baby...

Welllllllll...we hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Jenna and I didn't mean to take 2 weeks off, but life happens. {grin} But we're back! And ready to talk about oils.

One of the biggest issues we hear about from people who are interested in trying oils is because of sleep issues. And a lot of times sleep issues with kids. And I absolutely love that Young Living has so many oils that can help with sleep!!!! 

With my kids, my son has a hard time falling asleep and he wakes up early, and my daughter just can't get enough of me so she wants me to visit her in the middle of the night. Good times! 

So what have we tried and what have been our sleep successes?


  • Peace & Calming: We've blogged a lot of times about how wonderful peace & calming can be. It works wonders with both my kids! Especially my daughter. Last night she slept for 13 hours without a peep.
  • Cedarwood: This is another one that helps both my kids.
  • Lavender: Lavender helps my son SO much, but it hypes my daughter up. I avoid lavender with her like the plague!
  • Roman Chamomile: I didn't even know that roman chamomile was a relaxation oil, and one night, I realized I would out of peace & calming AND cedarwood. I decided to look in my essential oil desk reference and discovered roman chamomile was listed for relaxation, and I had some! I decided to try it {what else did I have to lose?}, and it was another success!
  • Tranquil: This is a combination of lavender, cedarwood, and roman chamomile. It is seriously MAGIC for my son. Again, I avoid this one for Drew for the lavender, but I absolutely LOVE it for Trent. I also put it on him before school to help keep him calm during the day.
  • RutaVaLa: Another lavender blend that I've tried on Trent. I don't like it as much as Tranquil since Tranquil is great on Trent during the day, and I think this one smells like lavender mixed with dirt, but it's definitely better than not having oils!
I've also discovered that if I rotate the oils, I have really great success. Every crop of essential oils is a little different {because no 2 plants or crops are the same}, but I find that if I use 1 oil for weeks in a row, Drew will start to have some random wake-ups. But if I do peace & calming for a week and then cedarwood for a week, etc....the great sleep continues!

Do you have sleep issues? Or do your kids? Young Living essential oils can help! What do you have to lose by trying? {Except maybe some sleep?!?!} Sign up here, and start your oils adventure today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs